Privacy Notice .
The information we collect and what we do with it
Stillwaters offers you free, local, confidential pregnancy support. We are a safe and non-judgemental place for you to talk and explore your pregnancy crisis or loss.
This privacy notice explains how we use any personal information we collect about you.
Our Contact Details
Stillwaters has a legal duty in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK GDPR to protect your information and provide you with information about the rights that you have. As we control how the information we collect will be used, the law refers to us as a “controller”.
Our registered address is Stillwaters Pregnancy Centre, Quayside Tower, 252-260 Broad Street, Birmingham B1 2HF email@example.com
Stillwaters uses the information you give us to process donations, to keep you informed about our work, and/or to contact you to access our services. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the UK General Data Protection Regulation. We never pass on this information to any third-party persons, companies or other organisations. When joining our mailing list, accessing our services, or making a donation, we collect some or all of the following information:
Your name and address, including postcode
A contact telephone number
Your email address
The amount and frequency (if giving regularly) of your donation and any associated gift aid
Stillwaters may seek further information for one or more of the following reasons:
- To assess your eligibility for some of our services
- To ensure we provide the right service
- To help safeguard you in the provision of services
- To monitor equality and diversity in the provision of services
- To provide information that helps us to maintain and improve those services and that will help us target those services and see funding for them more effectively
Stillwaters uses IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the website, track anonymized users’ movements within the website, and gather broad demographic information. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
The Basis for our Data Processing
Consent: If you are a new supporter coming on board for the first time, on or after 25th May 2018, Stillwaters will process your personal data on the basis of the consent you provided us with. You are free to change your preferences at any time by contacting us by telephone, post or email as shown in the Preferences Section below.
Legitimate Interest: If you are an existing supporter as of 25th May 2018, Stillwaters may continue to contact you where you have previously given us your consent. We may also contact you by email, post, or telephone where we have a legitimate interest to do so. For example, where you have previously donated to Stillwaters, we may continue to send you information about the impact of your donation on the work or other work we may wish to do.
Where you have previously expressed an interest in our work or have shown a potential to give to or pray for our work, Stillwaters will rely on our legitimate interest in order to collect the information as noted above. Where you have previously asked us not to contact you in this way, we will continue to respect your contact preferences. You can change your preferences at any time or object to us processing your data by contacting us by telephone, post, or email as shown in the ‘Preferences’ below.
Your Data Protection Rights
You may have all or some of the following rights depending on the lawful basis for processing your personal information:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
How Long We Keep Information
Stillwaters will keep your personal information only for as long as we consider it necessary to carry out each activity.
We take account of legal obligations and accounting and tax considerations as well as considering what would be reasonable for the activity concerned.
For example, we will retain details of donations for 7 years to meet tax and accounting requirements.
Links to Other Websites
Stillwaters is not responsible for and accepts no liability for the content or privacy practices of any linked website which is not owned and maintained by us. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our website and read the privacy statements of each and every website that collect personally identifiable information.
You may contact us:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By post: Stillwaters, Quayside Tower, 3rd Floor, 252-260 Broad St, Birmingham B1 2 HF
in order to:
- Update the information about you
- Change the way we contact you
- Ascertain what information we hold about you
- Ask us to delete your information
How to complain
If you are concerned about the way your information is being handled, please speak to the Centre Manager email@example.com. If you are still unhappy you have the right to complain to the:
Information Commissioners Office
Updates to this Notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This privacy notice was last reviewed on 10th March 2022.